GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR MONTHLY DONATIONS UNDER BLAGODETEL PROGRAMME OF UNICEF LIETUVA
Within the meaning of these General Terms and Conditions:
- UNICEF is an international intergovernmental organization set up by the UN General Assembly by Resolution No. 57 (I) of 11 December 1946 as an auxiliary body to the United Nations.
- „BLAGODETEL“ initiative is a program for monthly donations in support for UNICEF‘s work around the world and the projects in Lithuania described on UNICEF‘s website unicef.lt.
- „BLAGODETEL“ individual (the PLEDGE DONOR) is a person donating on a regular monthly basis a fixed amount for at least 12 consecutive months in support of UNICEF Lietuva‘s activities.
- „DONATION METHODS“ are the methods for making individual monthly donations set out in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- In accordance with its Articles of Association and its Mission, UNICEF works with governments, civil society organizations and other partners in more than one hundred and sixty countries to promote the rights of the child to life, protection, development and participation and is guided by Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- UNICEF has the right to receive funds from private individuals to support its work and it has developed the regular donation program BLAGODETEL for this purpose.
- The PLEDGE DONOR agrees to support the projects of UNICEF Lietuva. UNICEF, on its part, gratefully recognizes the PLEDGE DONOR’s desire to help in its work in accordance with the terms and conditions of the individual contract for donation for participation in the BLAGODETEL initiative.
- The BLAGODETEL initiative is coordinated and implemented under the guidance of UNICEF. The BLAGODETEL initiative is supported by the PLEDGE DONOR via donation methods set out in these General Terms and Conditions.
- DONATION METHODS
Automatic donations by a bank transfer.
- Monthly donations by a bank transfer are made when the PLEDGE DONOR signs a direct debit agreement/standing order form , indicating UNICEF as the beneficiary, with a bank in which the PLADGE DONOR has opened a checking account and sets out the amount the PLEDGE DONOR wishes to donate every month.
- Following the activation of the service, the PLEDGE DONOR should send a copy of the signed form at UNICEF‘s address: Aušros vartų g. 3, Vilnius or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After expiration of the duration of the direct debit/standing order, the monthly donations are not renewed automatically. The PLEDGE DONOR could renew in person the donations and sign new direct debit agreement/standing order form.
- The amounts of donations under Section 3 are transferred to one of the following accounts of UNICEF depending on the funding method selected:
IBAN: LT86 7300 0100 0244 9116
Bank: AB „Swedbank“
IBAN: LT57 7044 0600 0032 2761
BANK: AB “SEB bankas”
Payments are made in euros (EUR).
- The PLEDGE DONOR may change the amount of the monthly donation by visiting his bank.
- The PLDGE DONOR may terminate the monthly donation under BLAGODETEL initiative by visiting his bank.
Monthly donations via Credit or Debit card
Donations can be made with a Credit or Debit card on a monthly basis. The monthly billing is conducted automatically after the first donation is made. The system initiates a donation every month. Thus the PLEDGE DONOR is always informed about the billing time and value. The amount of 3 EUR or 5 EUR is added to the Credit or Debit card. The PLEDGE DONOR can always unsubscribe by sending mail to email@example.com and acknowledging that they want to stop donation to our cause.
Monthly donations via SMS to short number 1469
Private individuals are able to contribute monthly under BLAGODETEL program 3 EUR or 5 EUR via SMS. Registration as PLEDGE DONOR via mobile phone is made by sending SMS with text „VAIKAMS 3“or „VAIKAMS 5“to short number 1469. The billing in conducted at the moment of registration.
Following registration, the PLEDGE DONOR receives confirmation SMS with thank you message. The message clearly indicates the amount of the monthly donation and information for termination of the monthly gifts under BLAGODETEL program.
- Price and value of the donation
There are two options for monthly donation via SMS – 3 EUR or 5 EUR. For customers on contract of all mobile operators in Lithuania VAT and taxes are not added to the value of the donation SMS.
- Monthly donations
The monthly billing is conducted via MT mechanism (Mobile Terminated or Event Change). The system initiates billing by sending SMS (Renewal billing notification) to the PLEDGE DONOR every month with confirmation for their monthly gift. Thus the PLEDGE DONOR is always informed about the billing time and value. The amount is added to the PLEDGE DONOR‘s bill for mobile phone.
- Communication and reporting to PLEDGE DONORS
Through the monthly charging SMS the PLEDGE DONOR receives a link to the UNICEF‘s Lietuva website, where detail information about the spending of the donated amounts and the results of the campaigns, illustrated with texts, photos and videos is posted. UNICEF reserves the right to contact the PLEDGE DONOR for details about program.
- Cancellation and change of the monthly donation via SMS
The PLEDGE DONOR may cancel their monthly donation at any moment by sending SMS with text „STOP“ to short number 1469. The SMS for cancellation is charged as standard SMS as per the plan of the mobile operator.
The PLEDGE DONOR may change the amount of the monthly donation from 3 to 5 EUR or vice versa by sending respectively text „VAIKAMS 3“ or „VAIKAMS 5“to 1469. The SMS for change is not charged as a donation SMS. The change enters into force with the next billing cycle.
- USE OF THE FUNDS
- The funds provided by the PLEDGE DONOR for the BLAGODETEL initiative will cover program and administrative expenses of UNICEF. The funds will be used in accordance with the Financial Rules and regulations, standards and practices of UNICEF.
- COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- The PLEDGE DONOR provides their personal data voluntarily and agrees that UNICEF will process and store them in relation to the implementation of the BLAGODETEL initiative. Should there be any changes in the correspondence and contract information provided; the PLEDGE DONOR will notify UNICEF forthwith.
- UNICEF undertakes to send the PLEDGE DONOR information about its activities and the use of the funds donated on an ongoing basis and following the end of every year by post and/or email at the addresses given by the PLEDGE DONOR. Up to date information about UNICEF‘s activities is available on the website unicef.lt.
- The PLEDGE DONOR agrees to receive information from UNICEF bout UNICEF‘s work by post, e-mail and phone at the addresses provided by the PLEDGE DONOR.
- PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF THE BLAGODETEL INITIATIVE
- The PLEDGE DONOR agrees that no communication materials related to the PLEDGE DONOR‘s contribution to BLAGODETEL initiative will be developed, produced or disseminated, without acquiring explicit written consent from UNICEF.
- The PLEDGE DONOR shall not use in any way the BLAGODETEL logo, without acquiring explicit written consent from UNICEF.
- UNICEF shall cover the PLEDGE DONOR‘s contribution in a n appropriate way in its information materials, public appearances and other appropriate ways.
- UNICEF‘s RESPONSIBILITIES
- UNICEF will carry out the program activities as they are described in UNICEF‘s BLAGODETEL initiative.
- USE OF UNICEF‘s NAME AND LOGO
- The PLEDGE DONOR shall not use in any way UNICEF‘S logo or UNICEF‘s name or any parts of it relation to the PLEDGE DONOR‘s activities or anything related to them.
- UNICEF will report the contribution made to its Executive Board in accordance with its standard procedures regarding contributions from private PLEDGE DONORs. UNICEF will make every effort to give the respective recognition of the contribution in other documents as well where it deems it appropriate but the manner of any such recognition will be determined by UNICEF solely.
- The PLEDGE DONOR shall not abuse, fail to comply or commit other violations of UNICEF‘s right to designation. This provision shall remain valid even after the elapse of the terms or the advance termination of the individual contract for donation for participation in BLAGODETEL initiative.
- DECLARATION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The PLEDGE DONOR is responsible and guarantees to UNICEF that neither the PLEDGE DONOR nor an individual or legal entity that the PLEDGE DONOR controls or is controlled by the PLEDGE DONOR or that is under joint control with the PLEDGE DONOR: a) takes part in the sale or product of anti-personnel mines, or b) uses child labour in carrying out its economic operations. The PLEDGE DONOR recognizes and agrees that any violation of this provision is a violation of an essential term under the individual contract for donation for participation in the BLAGODETEL initiative which gives UNICEF the right to terminate the latter immediately by a written notice to the PLEDGE DONOR.
- ADDRESS AND CONTRACT PERSONS IN RELATION TO THE BLAGODETEL INITIATIVE
- UNICEF designates a contact person in relation to the BLAGODETEL initiative and will announce this person on its website: unicef.lt
Jovita Majauskaitė-Staniulėnė, Executive director, UNICEF Lietuva
Telephone: +37052127718; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address for correspondence with UNICEF:
Vilnius, Aušros vartų g. 3, telephone: (+370-5) 2127718
- DURATION AND TERMINATION OF THE MONTHLY DONATIONS UNDER BLAGODETEL INITIATIVE
- The PLEDGE DONOR agrees to participate in BLAGODETEL initiative with monthly donations for a minimum of 12 consecutive months.
- The PLEDGE DONOR has the right to terminate the monthly donations before the date set in art. 11.1. with the obligation to stop all representatives and public activities in relation to the BLAGODETEL initiative.
- If the PLEDGE DONOR stops making individual monthly donations before under BLAGODETEL Program via a direct/standing order by bank the PLEDGE DONOR is responsible to notify UNICEF communicating it orally or in writing to the contact person indicated in art. 11. Of the General Terms and Conditions. The options for terminating the monthly donations are described for every single donation method in art. 3. FUNDING. DONATION METHODS from General terms and conditions.
- If the PLEDGE DONOR stops their monthly donations under BLAGODETEL program the total amount of the contributions is not refundable by UNICEF to the PLEDGE DONOR.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- UNICEF and the PLEDGE DONOR make the best efforts to achieve an amicable agreement in the event of challenges, disputes, claims or complaints arising in relation to or referring to the individual contract for donation for participation in the BLAGODETEL initiative
- If UNICEF and the PLEDGE DONOR want to have their dispute resolved in a conciliation procedure, it will be held in accordance with the Conciliation Rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) or another procedure which may be agreed upon.
- Any challenge, dispute, claim or complaint which is not resolved by an amicable agreement within 60 (sixty) days after UNICEF or the PLEDGE DONOR receives a request for an amicable agreement of the dispute will be referred by any party for Arbitration in accordance with the existing Arbitration Rules of United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). The parties are obligated to execute the arbitration decision as the final settlement of such a dispute. The procedure costs will be divided in equal between them. In no circumstances UNICEF bears any responsibility for any indirect, incidental or causal damage or losses of income or benefits. The Arbitration Court does not have the powers to impose punitive damages exceeding the damages suffered in reality. The Arbitration Court does not have the powers to impose an annual interest rate exceeding four percent (4%) simple and not compounded interest. As indicated, UNICEF means UNICEF and UNCITRAL means the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law. This paragraph does not prevent UNICEF from enforcing its rights in relation to its name, logo and signage by means different from arbitration.
- PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITY
- Nothing from or in relation to the individual contract for donation for participation in the BLAGODETEL initiative may be deemed a rescission, direct or implied, of any privilege or immunity of the United Nations or other documents and no provision of the General terms and conditions for participation in the BLAGODETEL initiative may be interpreted or applied in a way or in a degree which fails to comply with these privileges and immunities.
- OTHER PROVISIONS
- Upon participating in the BLAGODETEL initiative, the PLEDGE DONOR accepts these General terms and conditions and agrees to abide them according their last version, placed on UNICEF’s Lietuva website unicef.lt
- UNICEF has the right to amend these General terms and conditions and to update their last version on the organization’s website.
- The PLEDGE DONOR guarantees that no employee of UNICEF has received nor will be offered to receive any direct or indirect benefits arising from the participation of the PLEDGE DONOR in the BLAGODETEL initiative.
- The PLEDGE DONOR will abide by all laws, regulations and rules related to the fulfilment of the obligations under General terms and conditions for participation in the BLAGODETEL initiative.
- The PLEDGE DONOR does not have the right to assign, transfer or in any other way provide his rights, claims or responsibilities for the participation in the BLAGODETEL initiative unless with the prior written consent of UNICEF.
- These General Terms and Conditions were approved on 20 September 2016 and published on UNICEF’s website on 20 September 2016.